Parenting is one of the most challenging jobs in the world. No one is an island when it comes raising a child. It takes a whole community to raise a child. Here at Manor we take your children’s education seriously, so we have put support in place.
Lorraine Whitehead our Parent Support Adviser for both the Manor Sandringham & LongBridge School to help you.
Lorraine helps parents to become involved in their child’s education. This is done in a number of ways.
- Equip parents and carers with further knowledge and skills to support their child’s learning, parents can have,
- Access to informal networking opportunities such as coffee mornings and parent forums. They can,
- Gain access to a variety of workshops, personal development sessions,adult learning courses, and family learning sessions as well as structured evidence-based parenting programmes.
- Lorraine provides One-to-One confidential support where individual parents/families can discuss issues that maybe affecting their family’s well-being.
- Our PSA supports parents in the early identification of any difficulties impacting a child at home or school. She directs parents to the appropriate services for support; in areas such as health, housing, debt, bereavement, family separation, returning to work, childcare and activities, etc.
- Lorraine offers support at key transition points, such as joining and moving through the school and on to secondary school
- There is also help with behaviour and Special Educational Needs related issues
- Works with parents and other professionals to achieve regular attendance.
Parenting support aims to give parents and carers the skills to support their child’s education
Please feel free to come and see her.
Lorraine is based at Manor Longbridge Site; Monday – Wednesday (from September) and at Sandringham site on Thursday & Friday.
Parents make a vital contribution to their child’s education when they develop strong relationships with their school.